Public Liability/Employers Liability

If someone is injured as a result of your actions, are you covered? Does your public liability insurance take into account the specialised nature of your work as a carer or medical professional? At MIR we understand the specific challenges working in the care and medical sector presents, and that normal public liability and employer’s liability may not provide you with the cover you need. Which is why we offer you tailor-made policies designed to give you the peace of mind you want.

What is public liability insurance?

Public liability insurance cover gives you financial protection if you have to pay a member of the public compensation as a result of accidental injury or damage to their property. This can cover anything from slipping on a wet floor at your premises, to a client’s mobile phone being accidentally stepped on by a member of your team!

If you have members of the public visiting your establishment in any capacity, then you need to take out public liability insurance. Failure to do so could put your financial future in serious jeopardy should a claim be brought against you.

Employer’s Liability insurance

For any business owner with employees, employer’s liability insurance is a must. It gives you a similar type of protection as public liability insurance, by protecting you financially against claims brought by your staff in the event of an accident or damage to their property.

Most generic liability packages automatically include employer’s liability cover – and if you’re a sole trader that means you could be paying for insurance you don’t need. At MIR we recognise that many healthcare professionals operate as independent traders with no employees, so we can ensure that your public liability cover is separate from any other types of liability insurance, meaning you pay only for what you need.

Our experience and the fact that we only deal with the healthcare sector means that we can find the right deals at the right prices for you, no matter what your discipline.

We’re regulated by the FCA, so you can be sure you’re getting clear, impartial and independent advice. For more details on public liability and employer’s liability insurance cover, call us now on 0117 9556835.

Insurance Cover

Fill in an easy online form and a Medical Indemnity Register specialist will be in touch.

Other Products